Due to that virus “that shall not be named”, apart from a 20km swim and exceeding my target of over 2020km during training, my planned #2020visionsofablindadventurer challenges were postponed. With continued uncertainty for 2021, we shall just have to see what we can get up to this year!
- Bike (GNT) – Duncansby Head to Loch Watten, Scotland18th September 2021Never claiming to be “normal”, today’s bike ride on the Great North Trail, (our 6th), took place at the end, (or the beginning), of the trail. Starting at Duncansby Head, (near John o’ Groats), and heading south(ish) to Loch Watten. We drove the route on the way to the start, (it’s all on road), and we both commented on […]
- Prone – Clunie Loch, Scotland4th September 2021Another interval session with Lindsay this morning. In between the sprints, I tried to increase my kneeling time. Apparently that’s how the “proper” proners do it! (Maybe when I’m all growed up, I can be a proper proner too!) […]
- Prone – Clunie Loch, Scotland28th August 2021A relaxed 6k session with Lindsay on a very atmospheric morning with a light mist all around the shoreline. To add to the atmosphere, the water temperature was warmer than the air temp, so every dip felt like a bath. Ooooh, wonderful! #BarkCommander #CommanderStumpy […]
- Bike (GNT) – Innerwick to 4th bridge, Scotland21st August 2021On arrival, we spent the first 5 minutes sat in the van avoiding the rain. 20 minutes into the bike ride we were soaked to the skin, but the rain was not to blame! Rhona & I had thought our last 2 outings on the Great North Trial had been tough, but they were just warm ups for today. With my bike having had a temporary […]
- Bike (GNT) – Rannoch Station to the 4th bridge (No, not that Forth Bridge!)17th August 2021So, I finally killed my bike! After 16k of tracks, rocks, steep climbs, deep ruts, even deeper puddles, and several falls, my bike decided it had had enough! The goal had been to have an easier day today, after yesterday’s hard session. We would make our way along the Great North Trail from RS towards Innerwick, planning […]
- Bike (GNT) – Rannoch Station to Loch Ossian, Scotland14th August 2021Another day on the Great North Trail with Rhona. Today was definitely the most technical session I’ve done so far, with the first hour being a long steady climb up loose rocks, stones, and sand. Then at the top there was a flattish section with several streams to ford, before dropping down the other side which was much […]