Due to that virus “that shall not be named”, apart from a 20km swim and exceeding my target of over 2020km during training, my planned #2020visionsofablindadventurer challenges were postponed. With continued uncertainty for 2021, we shall just have to see what we can get up to this year!
- Different training26th November 2021My usual training – prone-board and biking – has taken a back seat over the last few weeks, for a different sort of training. As many of you know, we lost our wonderful dog Stumpy earlier this year. Since she joined us in 2007, Stumpy had been my “unofficial” guide dog, taking me into town, on buses, trains, etc. (She even […]
- Bike (GNT) – Hawick to wee gate21st November 2021On arrival at Hawick, the sun was shining. By the time we set off, the clouds had come over and the light was dimpsy. (Not great for me.) For the first 7km, we were on the main road, and the poor light wasn’t much of an issue. However, as we left the road and started to follow a grassy track, my sight failed me. Just a few […]
- Bike (GNT) – Middleton Top to Fridon, England20th November 2021Don’t you just love technology, (when it works). Today Rhona and I went to the southern end of the Great North Trail and pedalled out from Middleton Top. We set the Go Pro camera on Rho’s bike as we biked up the track, through the unlit tunnel, and up to Fridon car park where we turned around and headed back. It was only […]
- Prone – Newburgh, Scotland12th October 2021Today, Piotr, (Outdoor Explore), took Lindsay and I a few hundred metres across the Perthshire border into the Kingdom of Fife. Although today’s session was going to be short, it was not going to be easy. Piotr described the planned session as like being on a treadmill. From Newburgh, we headed upstream, with the wind and […]
- Bike (GNT) – Kielder Reservoir, England4th October 2021After a fab few days in Northumberland with AWEsome friends, Rhona and I decided to do another Great North Trail leg, this time at Kielder Reservoir. The track turned out to be super “Dean friendly”, i.e. fairly easy for a blind guy and his guide to ride, with no major obstacles. It certainly wasn’t flat, and with lots of […]
- Bike (GNT) – Fort Augustus to Corrieyairack Pass26th September 2021The Great North Trail, the trail that just keeps giving. We didn’t think the trail could get any steeper… Today’s goal was to do a round trip of just over 40k, to get to the wee hoose, and then back, but the trail Gods were having none of it! After setting off from FA, the first couple of kms were flat. Then we turned left […]